- 09:00 am - Arriving in Perhentian, registration, equipment sizes
- 10:00 am - Briefing for first DSD session
- 11:00 am - Discovery dive and dive de-briefing afterward
- No prior scuba diving experience is required
- Dives will be either boat dives or shore dives
- Please take note that after your last dive, you must wait at least 18 hours (24 hours recommended) before taking a flight
- All scuba diving equipment
- Dive to a maximum depth of 12 metres
- Certified Dive instructor
- Boat transfer from Kuala Besut jetty to the island and return trip
- Food – breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Underwater photo
How To Get There
In order to reach Perhentian, you need to take a ferry/boat from a town called Kuala Besut. You can go there with one of the following options:
- This is, by far, the fastest option. However, if you are also flying back after diving, you must wait at least 18 hours (24 hours recommended) before flying, otherwise you risk getting decompression sickness, also known as “The Bends”. Plan your flight timings accordingly.
- You can fly from Kuala Lumpur to either Kota Bharu or Kuala Terengganu. It’s a one hour flight either way.
- Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia, Malindo and Firefly all have flights from Kuala Lumpur.
- After landing, you can take a taxi to the Kuala Besut Jetty. It’s about one hour from Kota Bharu, or one and a half hour from Kuala Terengganu.
- This is a cheaper alternative to flying, but takes significantly more time.
- It takes about 8 hours to get from Kuala Lumpur too Kuala Besut by bus.
- If you reach Kuala Besut after 4pm, you will most likely have to spend the night there and take a boat to Perhentian in the morning.
- You can book bus tickets online using websites such as CatchThatBus and EasyBook.
- You can drive from Kuala Lumpur to to Kuala Besut Jetty (approx.7 hours drive) by following these directions:
- Follow Highway MRR2 to Gombak Toll on Karak Highway
- Continue with East Coast Expressway to Kuala Terengganu (Gemuruh) exit
- Take the left exit to Sungai Tong, Hulu Caluk
- Drive straight to AH18 to Kg Bukit Balai Jerteh
- Turn right to T153 Kampung Kuala Besut , Kuala Besut Jetty
After reaching Kuala Besut Jetty, you need to take the boat to Perhentian Island
- A two-way boat ticket will cost you about RM70. Drop us a message at email@example.com if you would like us to book this for you.
- You can also hire a private boat, but keep in mind that this will be significantly more expensive. It will cost RM400 or more.
- Before getting on the boat, you will need to pay an environmental fee. The fee is RM5 for Malaysians and RM30 for foreigners.
- Boats leave from Kuala Besut to Perhentian once an hour from 8am to 5pm.
- To get back to Kuala Besut, you can take the boat from Perhentian at 8am, 12pm or 4pm.
- The boat ride will take about 45 minutes.
Payment & Cancellation
- Upon booking, full price will be collected.
- You will receive a confirmation email in 24 hours or less.
- If your dates are not available, we will suggest alternative dates.
- If you cancel 7 days or more before your booked date, you will receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel 6 days or less before your booked date, no refund will be issued.
- A diving license is NOT required for this package.
- Minimum age is 10 years old.
- Dive season is from Mid March till End October.
- It is advisable to bring enough cash for the entire duration of your stay because there is no ATM on the island.
- A medical questionnaire must be completed before starting any course. A single “yes” answer will require you to be examined by a doctor to ensure that you are medically fit to dive. It is advisable to review this form before arriving on Perhentian as there is no doctor on the island.
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (e.g. ID or passport). Dive operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own.