- 2 dives (One (1) pool + one (1) shore dive)
- All diving equipment
- Accompanied by professional dive guides at all times during diving
- Food – breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Your transportation to/from Tioman Island (we can assist you with ferry tickets)
- We need 4 hours on the island to complete the dives. Ferries out of Mersing are often not suitable due to their late departure times. Ferries out of Tanjung Gemok are more reliable and thus a better option
- Marine Park fees payable in cash at the jetty to the local marine park authorities:
- Mersing: MYR 10.00 for locals, MYR 50.00 for foreigners
- Tanjung Gemok: MYR 10.00 for locals, MYR 30.00 for foreigners
- Malaysian Tourism Tax of MYR 10.00 per room per night for foreigners (payable at the resort)
- Underwater photo
Standard Room at Tioman House Bungalows
Available amenities: Aircon, Private bathroom, Shower with hot water
Deluxe Room in Tioman Dive Resort (TDR)
|Air-Conditioning||Ceiling Fan||Hot Water Shower||Hair Dryer|
|Mini Fridge||Kettle||Free Tea/Coffee||Personal Safe|
|Wardrobe||Desk||LCD/LED TV||Satelite TV|
|DVD Player||Balcony||Room Cleaning||Laundry|
How To Get There
- It takes about 6 hours to get from Kuala Lumpur to Mersing or Tanjung Gemok by bus.
- You can book bus tickets online using websites such as CatchThatBus and EasyBook.
By Car To Mersing
- Take the North-South Highway direction Johor Bahru and exit at Air Hitam/Kluang (Exit 244).
- Turn right at the traffic light after the Air Hitam toll (direction Kluang) and drive through the centre of Kluang. Mersing is sign-posted.
- Once you reach Mersing turn left at the T-junction. About a kilometer further at the roundabout go straight (12 o’clock).
- The jetty of Mersing will be on your left side after another few hundred meter drive.
- This journey (drive time without stops) will take approx. 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Remember to be an hour before ferry departure in Mersing!
- There are open air long-term car parks at the jetty in Mersing (approx. MYR 12.00/day).
By Car To Tanjung Gemok
- Option 1: Fastest route according to Waze/Google Maps is via Seremban and then overland via Kuala Pilah to Muadzam Shah. This journey (drive time without stops) will take approx. 4 1/2 hours.
- Option 2: Drive via Mersing (see further above) but take the first exit at the Mersing roundabout (9 o’clock). Just keep going straight for another 40min and you will see Tanjung Gemok jetty on your right after crossing the bridge. Total duration about 4 1/2 to 5hrs.
- Option 3: Drive via the E8 highway to Kuantan, then via Muadzam Shah and come from the north to Tanjung Gemok. This will take some 4 3/4 to 5 hrs..
- Remember to be at least half an hour before ferry departure in Tanjung Gemok! There is a gated open air long-term car park at the jetty (approx. MYR 12.00/day).
After reaching Mersing or Tanjung Gemok, you need to take the boat to Tioman Island
- A two-way boat ticket from Mersing will cost you about RM70, while the ticket from Tanjung Gemok is RM90. Drop us a message at [email protected] if you would like us to book this for you.
- Before getting on the boat, you will need to pay an environmental fee. The fee is RM10 for Malaysians and RM50 (from Mersing) or RM30 (from Tanjung Gemok) for foreigners.
- Mersing ferry times are bound by high tide and are changing daily. The ride from Mersing to Tioman takes some 2 1/2hrs.
- Tanjung Gemok ferry times are more reliable and the journey takes around 2hrs.
The ferries make multiple stops at the following villages:
- Tekek (stop here if you’re going to Kampong Juara)
- Air Batang (also known as ABC)
- Take note of the name of your destination village and get off when you hear the ferry operator call the name
Payment & Cancellation
- Upon booking, full price will be collected.
- You will receive a confirmation email in 24 hours or less.
- If your dates are not available, we will suggest alternative dates.
- A 30% (or minimum of MYR400 per person) deposit of the full amount is non-refundable.
- The 30% deposit can be carried forward (used at a later date) if you choose to postpone your trip.
- If you cancel 14 days or more before your booked date, you will receive a 70% refund.
- If you cancel 13 days or less before your booked date, no refund will be issued.
- Dive season is from February until November.
- Diving license is NOT required.
- Minimum age is 10.
- It is advisable to bring enough cash for the entire duration of your stay because there is no ATM on the island.
- A medical questionnaire must be completed before starting any course. A single “yes” answer will require you to be examined by a doctor to ensure that you are medically fit to dive. It is advisable to review this form before arriving on Tioman as there is no doctor on the island.
- The registered name of the traveler must be corresponding with photograph documentation (e.g. ID or passport). Dive operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveler fails to provide photographed documentation of their own.
- It is generally recommended to extend your stay by one night